Recipe : Bread Lasagna || Without oven
-by Roma Singh
Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with fillings such as ragù and other vegetables, cheese, and seasonings and spices such as garlic, oregano and basil.
I’m using Bread as an alternative for pasta sheets . Also instead of baking in oven I’m going to use dry cooking on gas stove only.
Preparation time : 50 minutes
Servings : 4
Ingredients Required :
1. Bread slices ( remove the sides) : 8 slices
2. Tomato Ketchup / Marinara sauce : 1 small bowl
3. Mix herbs : 3 tbsp
4. Cheese slices : 8 slices
5. Butter : 1 small pack
6. Refined flour : 2-3 tbsp
7. Milk : 1 cup
8. Chopped Vegetables ( capsicum , corn, onions , mushrooms , bell peppers ) : 1 small bowl
9. Mayonnaise / cheese spread (optional) : 1 cup
10. Olives (optional) : 6-7
11. Boiled Macaroni : 1 small bowl
12. Egg : 1 no.
Method of preparation :
1. Prepare a white sauce first by heating Butter in a pan .
2. Add Refined flour to the butter & cook for a minute .
3. Add normal one cup milk to this and mix well.
4. Add salt & mixed herbs the Sauce and keep it aside.
5. In a flat bottom container , add tomato ketchup or Marinara sauce and spread nicely .
6. Make a bed of bread slices over it .
7. Spread an egg wash (optional) .
Note: Egg wash is just a whisked egg .
8. Spread some white sauce and ketchup .
9. Spread macaroni , add veggies , herbs & mix them with macaroni & spread evenly .
10. Spread cheese slices over it.
11. Repeat the layering like before i.e., tomato ketchup then White sauce , macaroni , veggies and herbs .
You can also add mayonnaise or cheese spread if you want .
12. At top spread cheese slices & sprinkle some herbs .
13. Dry cook this by putting a stand in a kadai & cover it with a lid .
14. Cook for 30 minutes on medium flame.
15. Carefully remove it from the kadai.
Cut slices and enjoy hot Bread Lasagna .
The article has been written and brought to you by Roma Singh
- I Was the Small Town Loser - November 23, 2021
- How to Protect Outdoor Wood Furniture From Dust and Bugs - October 26, 2021
- 5 Useful Tips That Can Make Your Car Last Longer - October 19, 2021